To view my galleries, find out more information about me, and to contact me, please visit my website.

Monday 1 March 2010

A glimmer of light

Today, finally, a few rays of light reached the ground in Nottingham. After weeks of the forecast snow turning to unappetising rain and even less appealing sleet interspersed with cold grey skies it was great to get to play with direct sunlight in all its guises once again.


Firstly, I played around with backlighting Herons on Nottingham University's lake (it was too early in the day to get direct light on them). Unfortunately, the light was a little too high to get the effect I was after in this shot but I think I have captured the moment to a certain degree.


For my next few shots I played around with the University's perhaps a little too overly friendly squirrel population. Someone had left a few nuts around and the squirrels were only too happy to pose for me.


This is probably my favourite shot of the afternoon; I personally think the mottled foreground and dark green background combined with the catchlight in the squirrels eye bring it alive.



Lastly I headed back to the Heronry to try and get the inhabitants with a little bit of the now turned light in their faces. This was my favourite shot, quite nice but not quite up to last weeks efforts. Hopefully the light will be this helpful next time I am further afield!

No comments:

Post a Comment