To view my galleries, find out more information about me, and to contact me, please visit my website.

Sunday 21 March 2010

And now for something slightly different

Exposing The Wild is gaining momentum, I am working on an article, and my university deadlines are drawing ever nearer. Unfortunately, all of this means I am a little office bound.

This in no way means I have stopped taking photographs. Yesterday morning I managed to get out to Attenborough Nature Reserve, but for the most part I have just been photographing whatever I see on my way to and from the office on Nottingham University's campus. This means a lot of (unfortunately grey) squirrels!


Most of these photographs have taken the form of low angle shots with the department's 300mm F2.8 blurring the background beautifully. This results in a lot of technically good photos brought alive by the squirrel's quirky expressions, but they are all pretty much the same.


To keep things interesting I played around a little bit today to see if I could get anything other than these standard photos. Many photographic experiments have the same result as most scientific experiments; abject failure. Today's commute was no different but I produced one image I cannot make my mind up upon. It will certainly not be to many people's tastes, and might not even be to mine, but it shows the animal where it spends most of its time and at least it is different!

No comments:

Post a Comment